An exciting opportunity that will suit a frontend developer who is enthusiastic, tenacious and ambitious, and able to work using their own initiative.
We are a young and highly agile integrated marketing communications agency with an experienced digital team and we work with major global brands.
Working under the supervision of the Frontend Solutions Architect, you will be focused on developing frontend for websites using the latest web technologies.
You will help the Frontend Solutions Architect to define the technical deliverables of new projects, and implement those deliverables in a maintainable, professional and rational way. You will contribute code to new and existing projects, and maintain and support existing projects and applications, and directly input into MTM’s vision of a technical centre of excellence.
Essential technical skills and experience
- HTML5 + any mark-up language or template engine (e.g. HAML, Twig, Jade/Pug)
- CSS3 + any pre-processing language for CSS (e.g. SASS, LESS or Stylus)
- System Automation / Task Runner – Gulp, Grunt or WebPack
- Modern Web Standards
- Building Ajax-Enabled Web Applications
- JSON, DTD, XML
Desired technical skills and experience
- Developing for Internet Explorer
- Mobile Development Skills in iOS, Android, Java, C++, Cocoa API or Swift
- Any User Experience (UX) or Information Architecture (IA) Skills
- Experience w/ Cucumber, Behaviour-Driven-Development or Acceptance-Test-Driven Development
- Automated UI Testing e.g. Selenium UI
Other/Nice to have experience
- Agile, SCRUM, Kanban or XP (Extreme Programming)
- Any SysOps Experience (Linux, Ubuntu, Apache2, NGINX, Windows Server, IIS)
- Development Environment Virtualisation (e.g. Docker, Vagrant and Ansible)
- Virtual Infrastructure e.g. Azure, Amazon AWS or Digital Ocean
- Linux Programming – Command Line Scripting, Bash Scripting
- Build and Deployment Automation e.g. Jenkins, DeployHQ, TeamCity and Octopus Deploy
Up to £40,000 PA depending on experience.
- This is a fantastic opportunity for a frontend developer to become a valuable member of a digital team where you will make a valuable contribution.
- You will be working in a fast moving exciting environment with a great team who will help motivate you to new levels.
- Our open plan studio with free parking is based on the waterside in Southampton.
- Working as part of a growing digital team within an integrated marketing agency with an enviable list of global clients.
- We are a caring considerate employer offering a good working environment and opportunities for training and professional advancement.
YOUR NEXT STEP
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity then get in touch. Write and tell me why this opportunity is for you, share your ambitions and what you will bring to MTM.
Call and speak to Gordon or Richard on 02380 215 399 or email your CV and covering letter to [email protected]
Please, no recruitment agencies.