You will be focused on developing front end code for websites using the latest web technologies.
You will be building web templates for our client websites that will be implemented into CMS software. You will create device-agnostic static web templates that are SEO friendly, componentised, and follow a style-guide driven format.
You will work to define the technical deliverables of new projects, and implement those deliverables in a maintainable, professional and rational way. You will contribute code to new and existing projects, and maintain and support existing projects and applications, and directly input into MTM’s vision of a technical centre of excellence.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborating with our lead developers and the project development team to determine needs and applying/customising existing technology to meet those needs
- Maintaining and supporting multiple projects and deadlines
- Recording work progress on a weekly basis
- Producing development documentation
Essential Technical Skills
- Writing semantic, accessible and modular HTML with templating languages like Pug(Jade).
- You care about things like code quality, modularity, and performance.
- You’re into modular, scalable CSS written with the CSS preprocessor Sass (SCSS).
- Experience building high-quality, responsive layouts and with silky smooth interactions, transitions, and animations.
- You can test for compliance and compatibility cross-browser, cross-platform and cross-device.
- You’re competent handling form submissions and handling validation and data submission.
- You’re competent with XHR/AJAX requests and dealing with JSON,XML and HTML responses.
- Knowledge of the DOM like the back of your hand and you’re a capable DOM manipulator.
- You can use Git to version control and manage code.
- You are comfortable with Gulp-based and Webpack-based build systems.
- You write comprehensive code documentation.
- You love to create visually appealing web pages or interfaces.
- You’re quick to adapt to new languages, technologies and relish the chance for solving new problems.
Other Desired Knowledge
- You’re not afraid of the command line.
- Experience with 3rd party APIs like Google Maps, Youtube.
- You are comfortable with Development Environment Virtualisation (Vagrant or Docker).
- Experience with WordPress CMS.
Other Nice to Have Skills
- React.js experience.
- Agile, SCRUM, Kanban.
- User Experience (UX) or Information Architecture (IA) skills.
- Build and Deployment Automation (e.g. DeployHQ, TeamCity, Octopus Deploy and VSTS Build and Release Management).
- Virtual Infrastructure (Azure, AWS or DigitalOcean).
- This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced front end developer to become a valuable member of a digital team where you will make a valuable contribution.
- You will be working in a fast-moving exciting environment with a great team who will help motivate you to new levels.
- Our open-plan studio with free parking is based on the waterside in Southampton.
- Working as part of a growing digital team within an integrated marketing agency with an enviable list of global clients.
- We are a caring considerate employer offering a good working environment and opportunities for training and professional advancement.
Your Next Step
If you would like to join The MTM agency team call Gordon on 023 8021 5399 or email your CV with a covering letter [email protected]