Working alongside our CMS Digital Specialists, you will be focused on developing websites and digital solutions using the latest web technologies.
Working at our Southampton office or remotely you will help the team to define the technical deliverables of new projects, and implement those deliverables in a maintainable, professional and rational way. You will contribute code to new and existing projects, and maintain and support existing projects and applications and directly input into MTM’s vision of a technical centre of excellence.
You will work across the full web stack, and will be responsible for, planning and implementing your own releases alongside our wider Digital Team.
Essential Technical Skills and Experience
- A good background in Java and experience in developing multi-threaded applications is essential.
- Experience of Spring JDBC and SQL is required, together with a working knowledge of relational database systems.
- Experience of technologies, Maven, Cucumber, Mocks, JMeter, JUnit, etc. is expected.
- Experience in working with the Linux OS and scripts.
- An interest in underlying physical infrastructure is advantageous.
Desired Technical Skills, (but not essential)
- Bash/Shell Scripts
- Experience with Application Containerization with Kubernetes
- Azure Devops / Jira
- Bloomreach/Hippo CMS, or any CMS system.
Other Nice to Have Skills
- Agile, SCRUM, Kanban or XP (Extreme Programming)
- Any SysOps Experience (Linux, Ubuntu, Apache2, NGINX, Windows Server, IIS)
- Virtual Infrastructure e.g. Azure, Amazon AWS
- Linux Programming – Command Line Scripting, Bash Scripting
- Build and Deployment Automation e.g. Azure Devops, Jenkins, DeployHQ, TeamCity and Octopus Deploy
- This is an opportunity for an experienced Java web developer wanting to become a valuable resource to our digital team.
- You will be working in a fast-moving exciting environment with a great team.
- You can work in our open plan studio based on the waterside in Southampton with free parking.
- Working as part of a growing digital team within an integrated marketing agency with an enviable list of global clients.
Our Investment in you
You're serious about producing the very best, so we make sure you're equipped to do it. You'll be provided with the tech setup that maximises your potential and lets you work with freedom. Just tell us what works for you.
You're trusting us with the next phase in your career - so we're trusting you to work in the manner that works best for you. At home, in the office (when we can) or a mix of both - we'll work with you to find a routine that works.
We do things properly. We have an excellent agency reputation and are trusted by some of the largest and most respected organisations in the world. We expect you to be at the top of your game and represent us to the best of your ability when working directly with clients.
We want to be the best and continually improve. We invest in our team and our process, we do retros after every sprint to improve the way we work. We expect you to feed into these sessions and contribute to ensure that we keep improving.
We have a consistent digital team with very low staff turnover. Testament perhaps to our investment in and care for our team, it means that our team grows together. You'll work alongside some amazingly talented colleagues who will help you progress and you will enjoy sharing your experience to help others. We also provide an annual budget to help you up-skill - whether that's learning new tech or gaining certifications.
We care, we're an ethically minded agency and operate in a way that not only helps our business, but helps others do good; whether that's other businesses, charities or organisations. We hope you think in a similar way.
YOUR NEXT STEP
If you think this is you and you like what you have read we would like to hear from you. To find out more about The MTM Agency email your CV with a covering letter to Gordon ([email protected]).