Working under the supervision of the PHP Solutions Architect, you will be focused on developing PHP based solutions using the latest web technologies.
You will help the team to define the technical deliverables of new projects, and implement those deliverables in a maintainable, professional and rational way.
You will contribute code to new and existing projects, and maintain and support existing projects and applications, and directly input into MTM’s vision of a technical centre of excellence.
You will be experienced in working across the full stack, both frontend, and backend, and will eventually be responsible for testing, planning and implementing your own releases alongside our wider Digital Team.
Essential Technical Skills and Experience
- Several years of experience as a PHP developer
- Proven track record of successful projects
- Code quality, unit tests, and scalability mean something to you
- You feel comfortable owning complex systems
- Fluent English speaking & writing skills
- Ability to master any technology, language, or development environment that we might need in the future
Technologies and Platforms We Support:
- PHP Frameworks: Phalcon, Symfony2
- CMS: WordPress
- E-commerce : Magento 2+
- Tools: GitHub, Activecollab, DeployHQ, New Relic
- Azure Microsoft cloud, Digital ocean
- Nginx, ElasticSearch, Redis, MySQL, Postgres
- Responsive and Progressive Web Apps
- Native Android and iOS Apps
- Positive, pro-active team player who is passionate about their craft
- High proficiency using object-oriented PHP and web frameworks like Symfony 2, Phalcon, Laravel, Yii.
- Good understanding of MySQL, including complex queries and optimization
- Ability to turn ideas into fast, reliable and maintainable code
- Exposure to API architectural patterns
- Product and data-centric prioritization and decision making
- Excellent English, written and verbal communication skills
Other Nice to Have Skills
- Notion of Agile, SCRUM, Kanban or XP (Extreme Programming)
- Any SysOps Experience (Linux, Ubuntu, Apache2, NGINX, Windows Server, IIS, Docker, Vagrant, and Ansible)
- Cloud Providers e.g. Azure, Amazon AWS or Digital Ocean
- Linux Programming – Command Line Scripting, Bash Scripting
- Build and Deployment Automation e.g. Jenkins, DeployHQ, TeamCity and Octopus Deploy
- An active Github account and/or open-source projects
- Possible relocation to the UK.
- This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious PHP Web Developer with both front and back end development skills wanting to become a valuable member of a digital team where you will make a valuable contribution.
- You will be working in a fast-moving exciting environment with a great team who will help motivate you to new levels.
- Our open-plan studio is based on the waterside in Southampton with free parking.
- Working as part of a growing digital team within an integrated marketing agency with an enviable list of global clients.
- We are a caring considerate employer offering a good working environment and opportunities for training and professional advancement
Your Next Step
If you would like to join The MTM agency team call Gordon on 023 8021 5399 or email your CV with a covering letter [email protected]